James Maskell: “I couldn’t imagine a greater gift than that, having seen just how the reduction in the function of a sense will dramatically affect your life”
Dr. Bryce Appelbaum joins James Maskell on the Evolution of Medicine Podcast in their first ever episode on Functional Optometry.
This episode is packed with tangible takeaways as well as educational content about the field of functional optometry. James & Dr. Bryce discuss a whole host of under the radar symptoms and discuss specifically what to be aware of when it comes to vision health and vision development particularly in younger children.
Tune in to learn more about the below and so much more when it comes to functional optometry.
In this episode:
- One in 10 kids has a vision problem significant enough to impact learning.
- What is a functional medical practitioner for vision and how does it differ from ‘regular’ optometry
- ScreenFit: a program when office-based treatment is not available that is a revolutionary online vision training program to help minimize the damage of screens to vision.
- Waldorf education and developmentally appropriate educational philosophies
- How inflammation and cardiometabolic health relate to eye function
- Dr. Bryce’s own story with Vision as a young athlete and how he discovered first hand the impact of Vision Therapy
- The hidden impact of Covid-19 becoming the new host of symptoms that we’re seeing in clinic as the screen pandemic
- And so much more