Taking Expressions of Interest
We are seeking a heart centric, highly motivated and dedicated Optometrist who is passionate about enhancing lives through vision improvement and vision therapy. As an Optometrist in our practice, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the visual well-being and overall quality of life for our patients. It is our mission to unlock life’s potential by identifying and treating misdiagnoses and missed opportunities with regard to functional vision. This is a full-time position that offers a rewarding career with a focus on providing exceptional care and personalized treatment.
Our practice, formerly Appelbaum Vision and now Vision First (https://myvisionfirst.com), is dedicated to changing the way the world views vision as we believe there is so much more to vision than 20/20 eyesight. It is our mission to unlock life’s potential by identifying and treating misdiagnoses and missed opportunities with regard to functional vision.
If you are a dedicated Optometrist looking to make a difference in the lives of patients through vision improvement and vision therapy, we invite you to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate shares our core values of accountability, trust, compassion, and providing hope for those that we serve. This is a full-time position with the day to day consisting of overseeing Vision Therapy treatment sessions, programming treatment plans, providing evaluations, and managing clinical care in a very busy two location private practice. Apply today by submitting your resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to reviewing your application and discussing how your skills and passion align with our practice’s mission.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $130,000.00 per year
- Private practice
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bethesda, MD 20817: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Optometry License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
- Conduct comprehensive eye examinations to assess visual acuity, binocular vision, functional visual skills and abilities, ocular health, and refractive status.
- Diagnose and treat visual disorders
- Prescribe and fit corrective lenses, contact lenses, specialized lenses to support myopia management, and other vision aids as necessary.
- Develop and implement individualized vision therapy programs for patients with specific vision conditions or functional vision problems.
- Monitor patients’ progress throughout vision therapy treatment, adjusting programs as needed.
- Educate patients/families on proper eye care, visual hygiene, and preventive measures.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as ophthalmologists, occupational/physical/SLP therapists, functional medicine practitioners, educators, to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in optometry, including vision therapy techniques and technologies.
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Continuing education credits
- Flexible schedule
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical.
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities for advancement and growth within the practice
- Paid time off and holidays
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, with no cap.
- Doctor of Optometry (OD) degree from an accredited optometry school.
- Valid optometry license and current CPR certification.
- Proven experience and expertise in vision improvement and vision therapy.
- Strong knowledge of ocular anatomy, eye diseases, and vision disorders.
- Excellent diagnostic, clinical, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and implement personalized treatment plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients of all ages.
- Compassionate and patient-centered approach to care.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, continuing education, and helping further our profession.
Express Your Interest in this Role
Fill out the form below and send your CV through to email@example.com
We will contact you after we have had a chance to review your resume. We are hiring both full and part time. Please send a brief note with your availability from the above options when you send your resume. Thanks for applying!